Stepping softly on the edge of forest trail I came to large patch of bramble briars. The smell of the oak and hickory mingled with the scent of a fireplace warning the cabin in the valley below. It was hunting season and I had been in the woods since dawn. I found a fallen log and laid my rifle across my lap as I sat down for lunch. I was down to the crust of my sandwich when a noticed a tiny set eyes watching me from inside the bramble. I carefully observed the tiny spectator as he started fluttered from cane to cane searching for insects. I whispered to him that today wasn’t a good hunt for anyone and tossed the crust of bread on the forest floor at the root of the bramble. He paused for a moment and flew away with the bread. A few minutes later he returned with his mate. They landed at my feet and to my surprise they spoke. “Your kindness in sharing your meal has given us food for the day. So as a way of saying thank you we will share the secrets that we learned while flying to and fro”.
And here’s a few things that I learned from them.
1. The easiest lie to believe is the one that you want to be true. Nobody baits a snare with stones.
2. You’re free to fly to wherever you want to go but be sure that it’s a place where you want to be.
3. Take the opportunity to sing and spread joy every chance you get because the blessings you give come back to you in the end.
4. Anyone who loves you is family.
5. The early bird gets the worm but he has to scratch for it.
6. You’ll never learn to fly until you stop being afraid to fall.
7. Gossip and News are two different things. Learn how to tell the difference.
8. You can’t un-tweet. (See number 7 )
9. Some things just don’t belong in the nest. Get rid of anything harmful.
10. Birds of a feather will flock together so spend time with friends .
And then they just flew back into the bramble bush and disappeared. I never saw them again. However, ever since that day when I hear the birds singing in the morning there are two who seem to chirp a little happier than the rest.
Hello Friends! I hope you enjoyed this post. Please let me know by commenting and sharing my work on your social media. I would love to hear your thoughts!
I also want to invite you to Follow Lloyds Lens Photography on Facebook.
Tonight’s Feature Images (Titled the love birds ) are available for purchase as either individuals or as a set. Just message me for details about how to purchase.